I’m new to yoga. Where do I start?
Yoga Flow is most likely the best class for beginners, but if you have questions please contact our Yoga Advisor Melissa to get answers and guidance. firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I wear?
Wear something comfortable and flexible. Shirts should be snug enough to not fall if you bend over, yet not constricting.
Do I need a mat?
Yes, you will need a yoga mat and probably a towel. Mats are available to rent at the studio.
Should I bring water?
You should hydrate before and after class. Water is available at the studio. Bring your own refillable water bottle.
Is the room heated?
Our room is heated to 85 degrees in Yoga Flow and 90 in Vinyasa. Heat detoxifies the body and allows you to form your body without breaking it. “With enough heat even steel will bend”.
How often should I practice?
As with anything you do, the more you practice the better the results are. 2-3 times a week will bring changes over time, 4-6 times per week will bring you life changing results. “Continuity of practice is the secret to success.”
Etiquette & Guidelines…
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the studio.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class starting.
- Practice Satya or “purity of speech” as you enter the studio (be mindful).
- Please be respectful. Turn off cell phones (leave them outside the classroom) and refrain from loud socializing while in the studio.
- No perfume or cologne please.
- We recommend not eating right before the class (ideally no food 2 hours prior to class).
- Before class begins please inform the teacher of any injuries or conditions so they can provide appropriate variations or modifications.Classes are at least 1 hour unless otherwise noted on the schedule. Please make arrangements to attend the entire class and avoid leaving early if possible.
- If you need to leave early please let the instructor know prior to class beginning and exit as quietly as possible taking a short rest before leaving.